[tulip] Problem building netdriver-2.1-2.src.rpm

Hunt Kent kenthunt@yahoo.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Donald,

--- Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Russell Mackenzie wrote:
>
> > Subject: [tulip] Problem building
> netdriver-2.1-2.src.rpm
> > Linux Redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.2-2 on an i686
>
> That package is only for the 2.2 and earlier
> kernels.
>
> The next package release will likely compile with
> the 2.4 kernel.
>
> For now you will have to build the tulip.c driver
> individually, using
> the driver source and kern_compat.h file from the
> 'test' directory.
>
> > 00:09.0 Ethernet controller: CONEXANT: Unknown
> device 1803 (rev 08)

When you say build the tulip.c driver individually...
do you also mean "AND USING KERNEL 2.2"? He is using
kernel 2.4.2. I thought that at least the CONEXANT
driver would not work with 2.4 yet from our previous
emails and perhaps even the tulip driver itself.
Have you made upgrades to your driver to work with
2.4? I haven't seen announcements in the list. Could
you please clarify?

Thanks,

Kent