[tulip] Macronix 98715 PMAC rev 37

Matthew matthew@psychohorse.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:33:18 -0800

Good day,

    Hello I am new to this list, hopefully I will not make a fool out of
myself...:-).

Having an interesting problem with a SoHOware Fast NDC 10/100 F/E Adapter
card. Its chipset is being seen as Macronix 98715 PMAC rev 37 by the Tulip
driver.

First question: Anyone got decent information on this card? Do not hold
back....

Second (main question): I am using the newest driver for this card from the
src rpm, but everytime I have setup the options=3 or 16 I get a segfault when
bringing up eth0. Then the system hangs on route (had to do rescue system to
get it back). Would be nice to have this running at 100 half duplex if that
is possible...Any ideas what the cause is?

I am using SuSE 7.0 with the default 2.2.16 kernel.

Thanks,

Matt