[tulip] eth0 resets every 5 mins!

Jonah Michaud unixj@yahoo.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:38:47 -0800 (PST)

My card is a LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, I'm running Mandrake 7.2
with the standard kernel, 2.2.17mdk.  Every 5 minutes on
average my connection hangs and there is the following message:

localhost kernel: eth0: Tx hung, 15728 vs. 15723.
localhost kernel: eth0: PNIC2 transmit timed out, status
e4000000, CSR6/7 01000000 / effffbff CSR12 41e1d0cc,
resetting...

I was assuming it was due to my RoadRunner connection or maybe
the RCA cable modem.  Because I have 2 relatives with the exact
same hardware/OS/everything except they're using @home and a
different modem.  It's been happening ever since I got a cable
modem about 2 months ago and I've spent hours trying to contact
RoadRunner but no one ever picks up the phone or replies to
email.

Today I tried replacing the tulip from Mandrake (version 0.921)
with the test one (0.92t) but it doesn't seem to help.

Is there any number I can change in tulip.c to help the driver
work around this problem?  Thanks!