[tulip] Tulip and ANA6911A/TX

tsombakos, mark tsombakos_mark@emc.com
Tue Dec 18 15:24:00 2001

In order to fix this, I'd like to replace the tulip driver
found in RedHat and replace it with Donald's
version.  Does anyone have the magical changes for the
makefile in kernel/drivers/net/tulip that will build
tulip.o (with pci-scan.*)?  I'm not very good at 'make'
apparently :)

Mark

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, tsombakos, mark wrote:

> I'm having problems with the tulip driver included in
> RedHat 7.2.  My first issue is, I can't tell what version
> is the "latest" tulip driver.  0.92-pre3(?) was 7.2's,
> we bumped up to 0.92-pre6 (dated Nov 3) with a new kernel.
> But on Sourceforge, it's up to 1.1.8, dated June 16, 2001...

The most recent version from the original source tree is v0.93.
Incremental releases have a version such as "0.93a"

 http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c

The version in the kernel is a split from my releases, and has three
dotted numbers as the version string.