[tulip] Re: SIOCGMIIPHY (and SIOCGMIIREG)

Kent Hunt kenthunt@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 00:26:01 2001

My two cents.

I finally was able to get mii-diag working for my
LanFinity Conexant on presario 1700. In addition to
what Donald has below, I had to add to the tulip.c
(v0.93) driver a similar workaround for SIOCGMIIREG

case 0x8948: case 0x89F1: /* SIOCGMIIREG */

And here's my mii-diag output.

Basic registers of MII PHY #1:  1000 782d 0022 1720
01e1 45e1 0007 2001.
 The autonegotiated capability is 01e0.
The autonegotiated media type is 100baseTx-FD.
 Basic mode control register 0x1000: Auto-negotiation
enabled.
 You have link beat, and everything is working OK.
 Your link partner advertised 45e1: Flow-control
100baseTx-FD 100baseTx 10baseT-
FD 10baseT, w/ 802.3X flow control.
   End of basic transceiver informaion.

Kent

PS. What should we do to fix the incorrect statistics
for TX line in ifconfig?