[tulip] Going crazy with Linksys 10/100 card and tulip driver

Everill1@aol.com Everill1@aol.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:02:02 EDT

Could you please help me with this similiar problem.

 I am dual-booting with  Windows 98 and Linux-Mandrake 7.0 (air)

I have done all of the following:

 DrakConf+.Linuxconf=>Networking=>Basic Networking Services=>adapter x

 where x is the first one showing no card

 device name is eth(x-1)  etho for adapter 1

 IP address 192.168.0.10
 Netmask 255.255.255.0
  module is tulip.

 Tick 'enabled' and quit quit quit.

 But have got the following message

 " The state of the system is not in sync with the current/updated
 configuration.You are allowed to make it current, or continue with the
 current configuration.You can also look at things that will have to be done
 to make the system current. "

 When taking the latter option I am presented with a dialogue box saying

 " Executing: /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S10network reload "
 " Executing:/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S50inet restart "

 When I executing the first line from a shell I get the message

 " Bringing up device eth0       Delaying eth0 initialization   [Failed] "

 Please please please have you any idea what is going on?

I have found an interesting message in /var/log/messages

" insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/net/tulip.o: invalid parameter irq "

" ifup: Delaying eth0 initialization "

" network: Bringing up interface eth0 failed "

Do you think this is a BIOS problem or could it be just be the driver at
fault?

Ev