[tulip] Problems with IRQs on multiport cards

Jonathan Earle jearle@nortelnetworks.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:14:04 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01D9D.A2ACD2C0

Hi,

Can the individual ports on a Zynx 4 port card be assigned unique IRQs (even
via a dirty hack)?  We're noticing a problem with dropped packets due to,
what I interpret as being the problem, IRQ conflict/contention.  With higher
bitrates, I've noticed than not all of the packets which enter the box via
one port on the Zynx card, leave the box via another port if the two ports
share the same IRQ.  If lower bitrates are used, the problem appears to
diminish.  We have up to two of these cards in the same box.

Kernel version used is 2.4.0-test4.

Cheers!
Jon