[tulip] Re: Kingston

Homer Wilson Smith homer@lightlink.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 15:45:00 -0400 (EDT)

> 	I am not doubting there are issues on the Cisco end here, just
> trying to narrow down the product lines and whatnot.  Given their
> habit of buying a /neat/ company, and after re-badging dropping their
> new product in the middle of the product line there can be some major
> differences between what are supposed to be similar devices.

    You mean like Netspeed and Aironet :)

    I am using Cisco 1912's and 1924's exclusively.  I just
can't get the 21143's to work.  The tulip-diag SAYS they
are in full dup, but the green light is not on, and packet
throughput is very slow with lots of runt frames, which is
classic symptoms of card being in half duplex and cisco being
in full.  Don't know though, maybe something else is going on.

    Homer