Prolems with tulip driver

Chris Leavoy cyberpir8@cyberpir8.yi.org
Wed May 10 15:08:33 2000

It was my first time posting to a mailing list, could you tell? ;)

anyways i think i should give it another try.

>> I have recently purchased a Network Anywhere NC100 v2, Linksys Fast
>> Ethernet 10/100 from future shit. I am having a whole bunch of problems

>This obviously isn't a Linksys card.

It says Linksys right on the box, driver disk, and on the chip.  This is a
brand new card mind you,  I think Linksys merged or split with another
company called Network Everywhere,  networkeverywhere.com

That error message is put out on the screen at the fastest rate at which my
system can handle it.  I seriously doubt that is normal considering that it
continues for 2 minutes after i have stopped transfering of a 1meg or so
file.  Now the part i forgot to include in the other message was that after
a few minutes of transfering data over the card the system would hang.   I
would check syslogd and it reported that the kernel has paniced.  I read up
a few lines more and i get an error message saying, "unable to handle paging
requests to virtual address 0xfc264010" or something close to that, i cant
get a print out of it because the system requires a hard reboot after this
happens.