What cards are currently based on Tulip chip?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer@elanco.k12.pa.us
Fri Jan 7 16:23:51 2000

I was going to write something on a similar note but didn't want to sound
ungrateful after asking the question :)

I was hoping had done something similar to what you suggested:  compiled a
list of _current_ cards and the types of chip they used (tulip or tulip
clone).  I know with at least one card that I've used (Asante's 10/100 PCI
card), it changed chips from a Tulip to a PNIC (or something like that) in
between card revisions (A and B).  Thats why I was hoping to find
information on which cards are currently genuine tulip chips and which
cards are clones and which cards aren't either anymore.

Hrm - seems like a void to be filled.  Maybe after I think over it for a
week while I'm steelhead fishing, I'll decide its a void I should fill.

Kevin