IntraServer Quad Ethernet -- Fixed!

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Thu Feb 24 19:18:46 2000

Jason Thomas wrote:

> you might want to send a copy of that to who ever is maintaining tulip.c
> now.. who is that anyway.
>
> Rick Kiessig [rick@kiessig.com] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who responded to my pleas for help about the 4-port
> > IntraServer (IS) 5232E-TP Tulip card.  I'm happy to report that I've been
> > able to make it work correctly.  I thought the solution might be of general
> > interest.
> >
> > The IS card is based on the 21143-PD Tulip chip.  Neither the de4x5 nor the
> > 0.91g version of the tulip driver correctly handle full duplex mode for this
> > card.
> >
> > The solution was to use a version of the tulip driver as modified by Znyx
> > for their Quad-port 21143 board.  I downloaded the driver off of the Znyx
> > web site.  My testing isn't completely finished yet, but so far, it works
> > perfectly!

I'm accepting patches for the Tulip driver in 2.3.x kernels.... hint
hint :)

The Tulip driver in 2.3.x is basically the stable Tulip driver in
2.2.15pre9 split into pieces, plus some updates for 2.3.x.

Long term goal is to unify Linux Tulip drivers in the 2.3.x/2.4.0 kernel
so that there is no need to search any websites for drivers.  Just
download the kernel and go...

Regards,

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Viva la open source!