[tulip] LNE100TX: how to set to 10Mbps, half duplex?

Erik Steffl steffl@bigfoot.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 23:53:50 -0800

  after having neverending troubles with LNE100TX leaving it to
autodetect media (NWAY) I decided to try it in 10Mbps half duplex mode.

  however I am not clear which options to use, there is one option for
media (specified using option=n where n is media number, see below) and
another one called full_duplex (1 or 0 for full duplex and half duplex
respectively?).

  Q: which options and full_duplex values should I use to make card work
in 10Mbps half duplex?

  it looks like the media determines whether it's full duplex or not,
why is there separate full_duplex parameter?

  media values are:

  0	Auto-select (default to the 10baseT link)
  1	10base2
  2	AUI
  3	100baseTx
  4	10baseT-FD
  5	100baseTx-FD
  6	100baseT4
  7	100baseFx
  8	100baseFx-FD
  9	MII 10baseT
  10	MII 10baseT-FD
  11	MII (autoselect)
  12	Serial 10baseT (no autoselect)
  13	MII 100baseTx
  14	MII 100baseTx-FD
  15	MII 100baseT4
  16	MII 100baseFx-HDX (half duplex)
  17	MII 100baseFx-FDX (full duplex)
  18	MII Home-PNA 1Mbps
 0x200	Added to other values to set full duplex

  all info from http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

  thanks in advance

	erik