even newer info WAS: Re: new info WAS: Re: [tulip] LNE100TX version 4.1 timeouts on tx

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:24:55 -0500 (EST)

     ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c
that fixes a full duplex setting bug.

This bug only occurs the second and subsequent time the interface is
started, thus it wasn't caught by the usual "load module, test, unload
module" script.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Erik Steffl wrote:

> Subject: even newer info WAS: Re: new info WAS: Re: [tulip] LNE100TX version
    4.1  timeouts on tx
>   I have two computers connected with crossover cable:

Presumably in full duplex mode.

> 	linux, kernel 2.2.17,
> 	LNE100TX with driver tulip.c:v0.92 4/17/2000 with patch from Dan
> Hollis,
> 		the patch resets the card when tx-freeze occurs (why there
> 		are these tx hung-ups in the first place?)

Which patch, exactly?  (I *beliThis shouldn't be needed

>   system two:
> 	Intel PRO/100 (driver name: e100bnt5.sys)
>
>   more info on linux side (note that it says half duplex, even though I
> used path from Dan Hollis,the other computer thinks its full 100MB
> duplex connection):

...and that's the problem!

>           TX packets:131985 errors:2152 dropped:0 overruns:0
> carrier:2152
>           collisions:7425 txqueuelen:100

Please try the latest test driver, and send a report.

Note that this test driver *only* addresses the full duplex problem.  It
should have no other operational change.