[tulip] Netgear FA310TX rev D2 NIC

Eric Thelin eric@generation-i.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:18:28 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Michael 'Moose' Dinn wrote:

> > I have this problem too where the card just seems to hang after heavy
> > use I have seen it on 100 BaseT Full Duplex, 100 BaseT Half Duplex.  I
>

> I've seen this too, but only on cheap-quality motherboards. All of the
> machines we have in house running Linux (~20 of them) use ASUS or FIC
> motherboards and Netgear D2 cards, and we've never seen the problem arise
> before on any of them.
>
> A customer machine was having the problem until his motherboard was
> replaced...

In my case the motherboards are either Gigabyte or FIC.  Both have
exhibited the network freezes.  The FIC boards are using the VIA mvp3
chipset and the Gigabyte boards are using the ALI Aladdin V.  So it
doesn't seem to be based on the motherboard of the chipset.

Eric

Eric Thelin                                          erict@aztechbiz.com
           AZtechBiz.com: Where Arizona Does Tech Business
				       Voice: 480-377-6743   Fax: 480-377-6755