[tulip] Netgear FA310TX rev D2 NIC

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:05:08 -0400

Donald Becker wrote:
> The unmodified 91g-ppc should work with the PNIC, but Mandrake might has a
> modified version.

We ship unmodified 2.2.x kernel tulip driver (and old_tulip as well).
As far as the PNIC goes, bug reports for the PNIC and 2.2.x kernel
continue to pop up so there are still some unresolved issues.

>From my own testing, of all the tulip drivers out there, including
NetGear's own driver, Donald's v92 tulip works the best with PNIC.
However... even v92 and v92h work poorly with my two test NetGear
FA310TX boards.  Symptoms include 66.6% packet loss during a ping, and
oops under any sort of load on both 10bT and 100bT networks.

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Andre the Giant has a posse.