eth0: Tx hung, 7 vs. 0.

Christopher E. Brown cbrown@denalics.net
Fri Sep 24 17:32:38 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Simon Lindsay wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Christopher E. Brown wrote:
>
> > > I've just jumped from Linux 2.3.11 to Linux 2.3.18ac8, to try out the
> > > new tulip.c v0.91m.
> > 	I have had hang problems with v91g with *both* 21140 and 21143
> > boards under heavy use on AWARD bios (AMI bios seems to work fine),
> > v91 no problems at all.
>
> We're got some boxes with high ide load, and they seem to have problems
> with .91e, whereas the scsi based boxes work fine with it. I've gone back
> to .91 yesterday to see how that goes.

	I would not know about IDE specific stuff, none of our
internal boxes are less than UltraSCSI units.

	We sell office servers (IDE and SCSI based), and have had
trouble with anything later than 91 on AWARD BIOS.

	91 however works very well, even on a box with 3 quad cards

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.