DEC 21143 and 10/100Mbps autoprobe

Ed Troy etroy@aeroconsult.com
Mon Oct 25 09:31:37 1999

At 11:17 AM 10/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
It seems that the tulip.c driver included in linux 2.2.12 and the latest one
don't find
the faster speed. My board stay at 10Mbs with a 10/100Mbps HUB.

I don't know if the full duplex negotiation is properly implemented too.

Patrick LERDA
Yes, I think you may be correct, because I did not explicitly set the speed
to 100 MBPS; it just came up that way every time I booted. I tried both the
Tulip driver that came with Redhat 6.0, and, later, I compiled the latest
version and ran that. I could only get it to work at 10 MBPS after I
explicitly added that option, where, previously there was no option. I did
not spend a lot of time going through the source code, but it seems that it
wants to come up in 100 MBPS by default, which is, I suspect, the way most
people use the card. (I'll use it that way, too, once I upgrade my hub,
since all of my cards are now 100 MBPS.

Ed

****
Ed Troy
Aerospace Consulting (215) 345-7184    (215) 345-1309 (fax)
<http://www.aeroconsult.com>http://www.aeroconsult.com

RF, Microwave, Analog and DSP design and development. Synthesizers, Antennas,
Transmitters, Receivers, Proposal Assistance, Circuit Board Layout,
Amplifiers, Simulation, Analysis, Technology Evaluation, GPS Applications