broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2

Anthony Rumble smilie@emusys.com.au
Mon Mar 29 18:50:53 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Anthony Rumble wrote:
> > Well.. NetGear have lost my support.. I have been using them and
> > recommending them for quite a while now, but I had machines I had to build
> > and send off. NOW. And I can't live with this kind of problem!
> > I am now recommending and installing Intel 10/100 Nic's, as they work..
> > First time, every time.
>
> There are alternatives.  Generic tulips seem scarce (which is a shame).
> I've got a source of $20 RealTek cards, though, and hope to post numbers
> on them very soon.  If they perform at par (that is, 97% efficient or so
> for large packets) I'll convert to them exclusively.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I like eepro100's.  But they are absurdly expensive.
> Really.  These days it is crazy to pay more than $30 for a 10/100 NIC,
> name brand or not.

These price dynamics are not the same here in Australia..
NetGear cards are about AUD $80

Intels are around AUD $90/$100 each..
A small price to pay for something that works..

Realtek have Tulip based cards?
I thought realtek only had Ne2000 clone garbage..

---
Anthony Rumble
EMUSYS Unix Consulting               Phone: 0500 500 EMU
Direct 02-9798-7604 Mobile 0412-955-042 Fax 02 9798 2854