broadcast recieve problem with FA310TX and RH 5.2

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 29 18:37:23 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Anthony Rumble wrote:
> Well.. NetGear have lost my support.. I have been using them and
> recommending them for quite a while now, but I had machines I had to build
> and send off. NOW. And I can't live with this kind of problem!
> I am now recommending and installing Intel 10/100 Nic's, as they work..
> First time, every time.

There are alternatives.  Generic tulips seem scarce (which is a shame).
I've got a source of $20 RealTek cards, though, and hope to post numbers
on them very soon.  If they perform at par (that is, 97% efficient or so
for large packets) I'll convert to them exclusively.

Don't get me wrong, I like eepro100's.  But they are absurdly expensive.
Really.  These days it is crazy to pay more than $30 for a 10/100 NIC,
name brand or not.

  rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu