Tulip driver doesn't work with 2.2

john@mint.net john@mint.net
Wed Jun 23 17:04:45 1999

This is simply false. I have at last count, five machine in the office
I'm in working fine with 2.2.x kernels, tulip (netgear) NICs, some clone
DEC chip, some original DEC chip. I also have several servers I've just
put into place with dual nic configurations and all run 100Mbit full
duplex with no problem using the stock driver from the 2.2.9 kernel,
running under SMP. This would be a total of 12 NICS in servers (all in a
dual nic config) and 5 in the office, all running happily on 2.2, and
maybe one or two of the ones in the office are actually running a 2.3,
one never knows with THESE people. :)

I'm sorry your having problems with that NIC in that config, but perhaps
there's an issue with running that NIC under redhat asa module, THAT is
something I've frequently had a problem with. I can run it fine compiled
into the kernel, but when it's a module, I often have trouble.

Hope this little bit of troubleshooting may help you.

John

--
John Keimel
Technical Services