NDC Sohoware/ Macronix

Nathan Anderson nathana@premier1.net
Fri Jul 23 20:12:55 1999

Dibb, Jim wrote:
> I've been watching this list for 2 weeks or so now and haven't seen this
> come up yet...
> Has anyone successfully gotten the Macronix based 10/100 NDC cards to work.
> On my system I have one of these, connected to a 10Mbs hub, and another card
> in a Win98 machine on the other end.
> The green link light comes on at system power up, then turns off when the
> driver loads.  The link light on the hub never lights.  When I get more time
> I'll try and get info from the screen, but I'm not at that system now.
> It would be nice to know whether someone has gotten it to work though.


I, too, have Macronix (98713)-based cards connected to a 10Mbps hub, and
with tulip-0.90 they work perfectly.  I didn't have to do anything
special when building the driver or loading the module.

My Macronix cards' link lights come on at system powerup as well, and
the link light on my hub for the port that the Macronix NIC is connected
to lights up at the same time.  If the link light on your hub does not
light up when the link light on the NIC does, then I would suspect a
problem with your hardware (hub, NIC, or possibly your cable).  Have you
noticed whether or not the port on the hub that the Win98 machine is
plugged into lights up when the Win98 system powers up?



-- Nathan Anderson

   "Programming follows several 90% rules.  One of those rules
   is 'The first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, and
   the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.'"
              -- Blake Watson,
                 OS/2 Warp Programming for Dummies (IDG Press)