Full Duplex Lights

Mogens Kjaer mk@crc.dk
Wed Jul 21 10:13:04 1999

Jason Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea when the state for the full duplex lights will be
> implemented into the tulip drivers, or if it has already been done and i'm
> possible doing something wrong.
>
> tulip-diag reports full duplex, but the light on the card does not work.
> and the through put beetween to 100Mbit fullduplex machines is about a 5th of
> what it shouldi be.

Can't you just ignore the LED's? As long as it works? I think the
explanation is,
that the LED's are controlled differently on all tulip NIC's, so to make
them
work would be a big job.

How do you test the speed of the transfers? How fast are the machines?

Which switch are the NIC's connected to? Does it autonegotiate full
duplex?

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, Carlsberg Laboratory, Dept. of Chemistry
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08