Kingston KNE100TX

Apu apu@spfld.com
Sat Jan 16 22:37:26 1999

I'm looking for a new NIC (unless someone has a solution to my current
Netgear problem -- it's Rev. D-1 Netgear FA-310TX and no matter what
driver I use, you end up with 70-90% packet loss for any packet over 100
bytes on a 10 Mbps hub).

Anyone know if the Kingston KNE100TX is a real Tulip NIC still?  Or, is it
like the Netgear card where they changed to a "compatible" chip without
changing the part number?  If not this card, which?

The ad I'm looking at says it's "based on industry-leading Digital
Semiconductor Fast Ethernet controller technology."  But then again, it
also says the card uses UTP wiring but accepts an RJ45, a BNC connector
and an AUI connector.

 _
| |
|-|