Tulip clone EEPROMs

Nils Rennebarth nils@ipe.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jan 15 13:15:48 1999

--bpLp2UQ2ZKz+SLe4

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 10:20:20AM -0500, Nicholas Edwards wrote:
> After loading .90 of the driver, I was finally able to get the Macronix
> 98713 card working at 100baseTX-fd as well as my real 21410 Netgears.
> However, only one of my two Macronix cards works. The second, upon loading
> the module, recognizes the card as eth1 and it recognizes its MAC address,
> but then it says, "EEPROM not present" and then it doesn't give the card
> an IRQ.
Try the experimental driver .90f. This cured the same symptom here,
and the card now works fine.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *

--bpLp2UQ2ZKz+SLe4

--bpLp2UQ2ZKz+SLe4--