A call for Wisecom 21140 Tulip cards (was Re: Cheap, good tulips...)

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Fri Jan 8 16:22:58 1999

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Al Youngwerth wrote:

> I asked him if it was OK to post his e-mail address here so he could get
> more feedback to convince them to keep the product. So assuming they can
> still get the chips (he was pretty sure they could) and he gets enough
> positive feedback from the list, I think there's a good chance they'll
> continue to build the 21140 cards.

I fired off a note immediately, including the observation that their
website could be better maintained and that they probably lost 50-60
sales because it wasn't.  I suggested that he go whole hog and advertise
the card as a "linux-friendly" NIC.

If everybody who wrote a note to the list complaining about the wisecom
website now writes Vick with both positive (we LIKE the fact that the
cards work) and negative (Fix your website!  Acknowledge Linux as a
market!) feedback he will come to know that we care...

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu