Linksys Cardbus 10/100 performance note

Nicholas Jenkins Nicholas.S.Jenkins@cdc.com
Wed Feb 24 16:53:13 1999

In short, I'll have to check tonight.

I purchased the card only about 1 month ago -
from buycomp.com - which I believe does enough
volume to turn over their stock quickly???

At any rate, after purchasing, I went to the Linksys
site, and I noticed a statement saying that they
had recently changed from rev C of the chip, to rev D,
and that if the supplied Linux driver did not work,
that you probably had a rev D, and that you should
look to this list for upcoming drivers.  Needless
to say, my card did not work with the supplied driver,
or any other up until rev .90p.  Actually, I got it to
work with .90K for about 5 minutes - once.

Additionally, I thought that only the "rev D" chips
required the EEPROM_SIZE set to "8"?

I think that primarily based on these 2 criteria, I
assume that I have a rev D chip.  However, when I
get home tonight, I will verify for a fact which
card I have (I assume with the diag tool I can download?)

-NICK