choosing a pukka 2114x card?

Barrie Spence barrie@calvin.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 17:04:10 1999

Are there any advantages with a 21143 card over the older 21140?

I believe I can still obtain some Acer 21140 cards (I have
one working nicely in a PowerMac), but from what I've noticed
recently, it would appear that some of the newer Kingston cards
may be using 21143s. I also have a Faralon card (21143) destined
for the second PowerMac, but if it was advantageous, I'd replace
the Netgear PNIC (rev D1) based cards in my Intel machines.

I've also noticed that the the real 21140 may be the most
reliable and stable :)

Advice anyone?

Thanks,
	Barrie

--
Barrie Spence			Sanity Clause? There is no Sanity Clause
Home: barrie@calvin.demon.co.uk		Telephone +44 1506 442304