2.2.11 and tulip.c issues

Thomas Molina tmolina@home.com
Fri Aug 13 22:31:03 1999

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Richard Dynes wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
> >

> > > Do we need to download Donald's 0.91 and test it or what?
> >
> > Try it - the more data we get (especially Don gets) the better
>
> I've cross posted this to the tulip list.

I tested 0.91 with 2.2.11 and a Kingston card with a 21041 chipset.
0.91 works, but performance doesn't seem as good as with 0.89H.
downloading a 50MB file from contrib.redhat.com results in 17Kb/s as
opposed to 19Kb/s with 0.89H.  CPU utilization was somewhat higher and
there were a large number of collisions according to ifconfig (ca.
10000).  The Kingston card is the interface for my Cox cable modem.  I
haven't given it a full shakedown with my standard netscape session and
masquerading for the rest of the network.