Is there a BSD port of tulip.c

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 14 19:34:10 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Peter Svensson wrote:

> Subject: Re: Is there a BSD port of tulip.c
> > You can do the port, but it would be a violation of the license to
> > distribute the result.  I am not willing release the Tulip driver under a
> > BSD-style license.
>
> How would distributing a modified source violate the license? Granted, the
> source could probably not be included in the regular freebsd, but the
> source could be obtained and included in a binary kernel by anyone who
> wishes to do so. I.e. if someone distributed the source for a version of
> tulip.c modified for use in FreeBSD that is allowed AFAIK.

No, read the license and check a legal text on copyright.
Distributing a patch file is a violation of the copyright -- it's
contributory infringement.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html