Is there a BSD port of tulip.c

Peter Svensson petersv@psv.nu
Wed Apr 14 19:31:13 1999

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Donald Becker wrote:

> You can do the port, but it would be a violation of the license to
> distribute the result.  I am not willing release the Tulip driver under a
> BSD-style license.

How would distributing a modified source violate the license? Granted, the
source could probably not be included in the regular freebsd, but the
source could be obtained and included in a binary kernel by anyone who
wishes to do so. I.e. if someone distributed the source for a version of
tulip.c modified for use in FreeBSD that is allowed AFAIK.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF