CNET PRO120

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 11 03:06:04 1999

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, James Barwick wrote:

> I have a CNET Pro120 Fast Ethernet 100BaseTX/10BaseT adapter.
> please help!  No dice with 0.90z.  Based on the response from tulip-diag
> below, do you think that this card is a no-go? No, I don't have a bus
> mouse.  Yes, IRQ 12 is available. Yes, this card is awesome when I boot
> to windows95.

> Apr 10 22:34:16 lighthouse kernel: eth1: Macronix 98715 PMAC rev 32 at
> 0xe400, 00:80:AD:97:F6:AD, IRQ 12.
> Running ifconfig responds on console:
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again

Check /proc/interrupts to see what else is on IRQ12.
Read
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html

> One more thing.  /proc/pci shows the following for this card:
>
> Bus 0, device 10, function 0:
>      Ethernet controller: Unknown vendor MX98715 / MX98725 (rev 32).
> tulip-diag.c:v1.09 4/9/99 Donald Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
> Unable to find a Tulip card in /proc/pci.

Grrr, damn /proc/pci.  This makes it impossible to parse!
How can you have an unknown vendor, but know the part name?
It worked fine when the part was completely unknown -- then /proc/pci just
printed the vendor and device ID.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html