Accton EN2220 and DEC21143

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 1 08:45:36 1999

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Ning Ye wrote:

> I got Accton EN2220 some weeks ago.  Its chip set is DEC21143 but it can run
> under linux.  Cardmgr can't identify the cardbus card type and manufacturer ID so
> there is no way telling the manager to call tulip_cb.o.  I try to config cardmgr
> but when debugging it, I found it can't get any information of  Turple. Is those
> card with DEC21x4x need special patch for cardmgr?  Any one meets the same problem
> as me?  Tips are needed.

Just add a new entry to the "this card uses that driver" file.
 - Read the message in /var/log/* so you know the ID numbers.
 - Look in /etc/pcmcia/config for an example that loads tulip_cb
 - Put your new entry in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
    ('config' is overwritten on upgrades, *.opts is not).
 - Send the new table entry to both David Hinds and me.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html