[realtek] RTL8139 and RTL8201

James Mantell mantell at asel.udel.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:17:40 PDT 2006

Good morning,

I was hoping someone could answer one of my burning questions... I have
a ROCKS cluster with CentOS 4.3 and I recently upgraded all of the
hardware on the nodes. The motherboard I chose was MSI K8NGM2-L with
onboard ethernet. The ethernet chip says RTL8201CL. I would like to know
if this chip uses the same driver as RTL8139 (8139too.c). Currently, I
cannot PXE boot any of the nodes because of what appears to be a driver
issue (I was previously using an RTL8100BL chip without issue). I need
to find the right driver; forcedeth .30 doesn't work.

Does anyone have experience with the RTL8201 chip? I know this list is
for RTL8139, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Thanks,
James