[realtek] Receiver / sender disabled?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Jan 3 14:00:01 2003

.
> kernel: eth0: MII #32 registers are: 9000 7809 0000 0000 01e1 0000 0000
> 0000.
..
> Any Ideas? Is the network card broken? Or the cable? Or the switch port?

You don't have link beat, and it appears that something has just reset
the transceiver.  Normally I would say you have a cable or switch
problem, but you might have a either new software that is explicitly
resetting the transceiver or a power supply problem.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993