[realtek] yellow LED turns off

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Sep 14 10:31:00 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Piotr Trojanek wrote:

> it happens once per month, but sometimes once per day, that yellow LED
> indicating LINK-ON turns off. when ping'ing the machine I don't get any

What driver version are you using?
What does 'rtl8139-diag' report when the link fails?

> first, I thought that this can be matter of kernel driver, so I changed
> it from 8139too.c (linux-2.4.18) to old one (linux-2.2.19). It seemed
> that this was the case, but problem started to wake again.

Please report the driver version, not the kernel version.

> monitoriong my few embedded linux routers shows that it's not case of one
> buggy motherboard -- LED turns of in near every one, but with totaly
> unpredictable frequency, so it's hardly impossible to trace this.
>
> there is one RTL chip which supports 3 LAN.
> device is: http://www.advantech.com/products/WEB-2143.asp
> but they seems to ignore my questions:(

That's just an embedded PC.  Although a '486 CPU attached to a modern
PCI chip is sure to cause serious data transfer problems.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993