[realtek] Disabling Kernel messages, More info

Carlo E. Prelz fluido@fluido.as
Sat Jan 5 02:27:01 2002

	Subject: [realtek] Disabling Kernel messages, More info
	Date: Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:37:21PM -0500

Quoting Chris Fowler (cfowler@outpostsentinel.com):

> I have two reasons to disable level 4 printk on
> console.
>
> 1.  Clean up the mess
> 2.  I want linux to be invisible to the end user.

You have access to the source. It is very easy to locate the printk's
and comment them out on your copy of linux. Regarding reason #1, the
developer of the kernel module seems to think that the few messages
are informative and not too messy (and I personally find them VERY
useful and comforting!) Reason #2 is not a thing to share with Linux
developers.

Having said so, have a look at

man klogd

(option -c)