[realtek] Disabling Kernel messages, More info

Chris Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 4 19:39:00 2002

Below is sample output.  You can see how messed up it gets.  I also have
some printf()'s in my start program followed by a fflush that appears to not
be written to the console.  I assume it may have something to do with these
overlapping messages.  I have two reasons to disable level 4 printk on
console.

1.  Clean up the mess
2.  I want linux to be invisible to the end user.
    Anything that is need to know can be displayed, everything
     will be sent to syslog.

change_root: old root has d_count=2
Trying to unmount old root ... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 200k freed
INIT: version 2.78 booting
Initializing system
Restoring saved configuration
starting DHCP client
hostname: cas8.oeth0: Setting half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner
ability 0000.
utpostsentinel.com
eth0: Setting half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 0000.
Unit has 8 ports.
.open /dev/ports/0:No such device
.open /dev/ports/1:No such device