[realtek] Realtek 8139 doesnt work

Bastian Stritt bastian.stritt@epost.de
Thu Feb 7 14:07:02 2002

Hello,

first i want to apologize for my bad english...

And no here is my problem. I bought a laptop with an build-in network card.
On this card is an Realtek 8139C chip. In Windows it works fine, without any
problem. under Linux not. When I first start windows an then reboot to linux,
the rtl8139 driver recognizes the card on IRQ 10. Everything seems fine. But
when I ping another Computer in the Network, it doesnt do anything. It just
waits for something. Then appears an error message:

eth0: RTL8139 Interrupt line blocked, status 5
eth0: SMP simultaneous entry of an interrupt handler

eth0: Transmit timeout, status 0c 0005 media 10
eth0: Tx queue start entry 4 dirty entry 0

And then, after some time there is a ping. But the time ist something about
20000 ms.

When I start Linux without rebooting from Windows, it recognizes my card on
IRQ 0...

I use Debian Woody from 19.01.02. But with SuSE 7.2 it was the same. Kernel
is 2.2.20

Can someone help?

Greetings

Bastian