[realtek] Another 8139 variant?

Mark W. Eichin eichin@thok.org
Thu, 3 May 2001 22:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

1516:0803 (vendor "MYSON Technology Inc." if lspci is to be believed)
is an "Asound" brand card with a chip labelled "Asound LAN-8139" with
a datecode of 0105.  Previous cards from the same vendor (in the same
packaging, even, though we know how little *that* means in the PC
world) were "Class 0200: 10ec:8139 (rev 10)", and worked fine with the
old rtl8139 driver.

Anyone seen this before?  That doesn't look like it would match any of
the pci_tbl entries in the scyld driver (and it doesn't match either
of the rtl8139 or 8139too drivers in 2.2.19 - in fact, if you frob
them to force the match, you get [distinct kinds of] failures...)

The cards are $9 on compgeeks.com, I can supply a sample to someone in
the Boston area...

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd Of Kittens

ps. please cc me with questions, otherwise I'll be checking the archives...