[realtek] NFS problems, again

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:21:10 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Bertram Bourdrez wrote:

> In the archive of this list I found a message describing a problem that
> could cause a RealTek card to lock up when transfering large ammounts of
> data over NFS. This could be solved by ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig eth0 up.
>
> I have been experiencing the same problem with the latest driver from
> ftp.scyld.com even though someone replied to the above post saying it was
> fixed in 1.11.

Please report the driver version you are using.
The current public version is 1.13, not 1.11.

Also, which chip are you using?
  RTL8129, RTL8139, RTL8139B or RTL8139C?
And are you using the board on a full duplex or half duplex network?

I've been unable to reproduce any of the reported problem.  Most of them
have been resolved as hardware or configuration bugs, not driver
problems.

Keep in mind that *most* of the people I send replies to do not post
again on the list or newsgroup.  In the cases I follow up, I usually
find that the problem has been fixed.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993