[realtek] cant insmod rtl8139.o - unresolved symbols

shawn rboles@vt.edu
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:32:18 -0400

Hello,

- Background (what I have done so far):
I have a DLink DFE530-TX+, which I understand uses the RTL8139B chip.
The box in in question is Debian running a 2.2.17 kernel.  My kernel
source matches my kernel version  :).  I have read the documentation
at www.scyld.com. I have also read through the list archives, some
of which were very helpful with getting rtl8139.c to compile.  I have
not forgotten to get kern_compat.h, pci_scan.h and pci_scan.c.  I
have tried the most recent versions (from /test) of kern_compat.h
and rtl8139.c.

I have gotten pci-scan.c and rtl8139.c to compile without errors.
No problem there.  The problem is that I can not insert either into
the kernel as modules.  I get 'unresolved symbol' errors.

Thanks for your help.  I've spent 3 days on this guy and its driving
me nuts.  :)

-shawn