rtl8139 4 bytes more BUG

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty@i.am
Mon Mar 6 16:42:43 2000

Im running version 1.07, but last time I had writen about this, I had also
tried version 1.08a and the bug still remained there.

The thing is that, since then some othe people have confirmed that their
systems were suffering the same same bug that I had comented in this list.
And now I have found a program that clearly identifies the bug.

The program is the Internet Software Consortium DHCP Client 2.0

This is the message that explains it all, like I had explained it before,
this is the message that a system with a rtl8139 running dhclient says:

DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
ip length 333 disagrees with bytes received 337.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.

This also happens with all the packages, not just UDP, the driver seems to
add a 4 bytes overhead on the package.

Hope this clarifies a bit more what is happening, so that it can be cleared
ASAP.

Regards...

--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.i.am