[netdrivers] Updating kernel net drivers

Cedric Fontaine Cedric Fontaine <cfontaine@spidmail.net>
Sat Nov 29 19:15:02 2003

Hello !

I'm a total newbie in kernel building and I need to rebuild a 2.2.12
kernel with the new via-rhine driver in order to support Dlink
DFE-530TX rev3.

I tried to copy netdrivers files in /usr/linux/drivers/net and make my
bzImage. It gave me the following :
drivers/net/net.a(via-rhine.o): In function `via_rhine_probe':
via-rhine.o(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `pci_drv_register'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Now, I modified the Makefile in /usr/linux/drivers/net according to
the doc and added pci-scan.o

ar  rcs net.a  auto_irq.o pci_scan.o Space.o net_init.o loopback.o via-rhine.o
ar: pci_scan.o: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
make[3]: *** [net.a] Error 1

Before of course, I copied pci-scan.o in /usr/linux/drivers/net

Otherwise, how can I use it as a module if I'm unable to include it in
the kernel ?

--
Cedric - mailto:cfontaine@spidmail.net
http://www.haute-vitesse.org