[netdrivers] "MII transceiver not found" message with D-Link DFE 550-TX card?

Rinzwind The Sorcerer rinzwind_be@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 11:55:00 2003

I have a question on a message I'm getting from the
sundance-scyld driver:

sundance.c:v1.06 1/28/2002 Written by [etc.]
eth0: OEM Sundance Technology ST201 at 0xcc83a000
[etc.]
eth0: No MII transceiver found!, ASIC status 4064

>From what I understood the D-Link DFE 550-TX card I'm
using should support MII, so why am I getting this
message? I'm still using a 2.2 linux kernel (on
debian), might it just be a case of an outdated
driver?