[netdrivers] Re: 2.4.22: epic100.c needs crc32 module

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Nov 13 16:17:02 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Steffen Moeller wrote:

> Subject: 2.4.22: epic100.c needs crc32 module
> we just found a dependency of your epic100 driver for the novel kernel
> library for crc32. I have no clue if such a dependency can be tought to
> the config system, otherwise a note in the help would be very helpful.

My releases do not have that dependency, and I consider the change to be
a flawed division of functionality.  The CRC routine used for generating
the multicast filter settings is a trivial function.

That said, 'depmod' should automatically build the dependency.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993