[eepro100] EEpro100, Red Hat 7.1, wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

'Alexander Tarkhov' alex@poplar.ru
Thu Jan 9 12:44:02 2003

Hello,

Just got the same problem with ASPLinux 7.3 distribution (based on RedHat) .
My Kernel 2.4.18

 > > It's easier to do:
 > > mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
 > > cd /tmp/netdrivers/
 > > ncftpget ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
 > > tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
 > > make
 > > make install
 >
 > Ok, I did all of this, but now I am having a new problem

Brett, please provide more info about _what_ you actually _did_.
Does "make install" installs both modules in the correct place and
makes all rmmod/insmod thing? That easy?
Or I have to do it manualy and understand what I do? ;)

Second question - does your new problem really degrades over time?
(As 2 days passed) Well, actually it is enough for me if it just works
somehow.

Thank you for ideas,
and wish you all clean logs,
Alexander Tarkhov