[eepro100] Sleep Bit mode and EEPROM fix?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:43:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Kallol Biswas wrote:

> To turn off sleepmode 0x40a2 should be 0x40a0, infact
> it is the bit at position 1 if we count from 0.

That's just the info I needed.

I put v2.05 of the eepro100-diag.c program at
     ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/diag/eepro100-diag.c
This version should
  report the EEPROM sleep mode bit
  update the EEPROM to remove the sleep bit with the -Gww flag.

Now for another problem: I believe that several recent problems have
been a result of the 559 swallowing what it thinks are management
packets, but that we wanted to e.g. complete an MPI message.  Is there
any way to turn off the management "feature"?