[eepro100] single eepro100 occupies eth0 to eth7 (driver v1.13)

Alvin Oga aoga@Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

hi michael

i do 90% of my stuff with D815EEAL and p3... and pci nic cards..
( hundreds of um ....
	- mostly variations of rh w/ latest kernels...

	- donno why customers like rh...
	( but is easy to fix their booboos at least...

you didnt say which linux distro you're using...but...

the eth0 ... ethn  problem has usually been an issue with the nic startup
scripts ...  redhat:/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files

if you do NOT have a pci NIC card...there should be no rtl1839 detected...
donno where/why you're getting it ... interesting problem for 2.2.19 w/
the new eepro100 driver ??

have fun linuxing
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net ....

PS.. please keep your line width at a max of 60-80 chars ...
manually type newline if you have to