[eepro100] Problems at 100fd with eepro100

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 19:54:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Vernon McPherron wrote:

> Well then I guess my thinking was backwards.  I set it to full duplex when
> I couldn't get it working.  But then again it didn't work on forced full
> duplex.

A duplex mismatch won't prevent ping from working, but it will make
stream traffic (e.g. file transfers) very slow.

A negotiation mismatch might prevent communication, but will only happen if
you limit the advertised media types.

> After I posted, I downloaded all the other dirvers for the nick.  Yours,
> the eepro100.c from Donald Becker's site, Andrey Savochkin's latest, and
> the e100.c from intel.  Oddly enough I had problems getting the e100.c to

What driver version?  The one from scyld.com?

> BUT on my single cpu machine I tried to compile Donald's, and that didn't
> work.  So I tried Andrey's latest and it worked great.  So for whatever

What kernel version?
Didn't compile, or didn't work?  What symptoms?

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210
Annapolis MD 21403