Monkey boy needs help! Transmit timed out:...

Bernd Kaindl bk@suse.de
Sat Oct 23 19:24:27 1999

On 23 Oct 1999, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:

> Unfortunatly, the driver does not solve the problem I described.  The
> behavior is subtly different from what I descibed in my earlier post,
> but the effect is the same.  One of the main differences is that I
> start seeing the "Transmit timed out" messages as soon as I give the
> 'ifup eth0' command, whereas earlier the messages didn't start
> appearing until I started to ping.  Also, the status on the timeout
> is 2050.

Thanks for the info. The next item to sort out would be to try
the latest development driver from Donald. It's at:

http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c
It should be: v1.09t 9/29/99
If I you have a problem compiling it, tell me.
Tell how this driver does.

> To my untrained eye, it looks like the main problem is evidenced by
> the message from 'eepro100-diag -f -a' that
>
>   The transmit unit state is 'Suspended'
>   The receive unit state is 'Ready'
>
> How can I move the transmit unit from a 'Suspended' state?

After having the results from the v1.09t, I'll look further.

Regards,
Bernd